Belgium Holland Desk Seminar
In a series of workshops, the specialists of KPMG Tax and Legal advisers (Belgium) and Meijburg & CO (the Netherlands) will discuss current financial topics.
This year we will organize six workshops:
Working across borders (workshop 1 and workshop 4)
During this two-part workshops we will inform you about the critical points and challenges for employer and employee within:
- Payroll tax
- Income tax
- Social security
- Current legal changes and proposals
Using practical examples, the following topics, among others, will be addressed: withholding obligation as a result of the recharge of salary costs, keeping a daily calendar including additional obligations and the Belgian framework.
Current affairs of corporate taxes (workshop 2 and workshop 5)
During this two-part workshop we’ll discuss the most important developments between Belgium and The Netherlands regarding international corporate taxation. We will also look at the latest legislative changes. We will also review the future with regard to consolidation regimes in both countries, the changes with regard to the Dutch ruling policy, the deductibility of interest and costs, loss relief and substance and application of the multilateral instrument.
The deed of marriage conditions and contracts (workshop 3)
Different matrimonial conditions/contracts, exclusion clauses and legal choices all have their own fiscal and civil characteristics in Belgium and The Netherlands. In this workshop we will provide you with different actions points and insights towards potential challenges.
Current affairs for majority shareholders and high net worth individuals (workshop 6)
The regulations for majority shareholders and high net worth individuals keep evolving in both the Netherlands and Belgium. That is why we are happy to discuss the latest news during this workshop, including:
- what the bill aimed at preventing “excessive borrowing by the company´s own private limited company” mean for residents of Belgium
- what does the multilateral instrument (MLI) mean for Dutch nationals?
- Relocation of the top holding company from Luxembourg to Belgium
- Remigration of Dutch nationals to the Netherlands
- investing in Dutch real estate by residents of Belgium
- a comparison of the UBO register in Belgium and the Netherlands
Thursday, 3 October 2019
4811 WV Breda
- 09:30 - 10:00: Welcome and registration
- 10.00 - 11:00: Workshops 1, 2 and 3
- 11:00 - 11:30: Coffee break
- 11:30 - 12:30: Workshops 4,5 and 6
- 12:30 - 14:00: Walking lunch
Register to the event